Back labor had taken over and the epidural wasn't helping in the slightest... talk about super bad pain and not being able to move your legs to readjust your body... brutal! At around midnight they decided to stop the pit for three hours to see how my body would react and then they started it back up at 4am. I am so grateful for the nurse that came on at the 7pm shift. She came to introduce herself and I started feeling sick and asked for a bucket and immediatly threw up a few times. Welcome to your shift nurse laura! haha.. Then she stayed up with me all night, rubbing my back, getting me hot towels, putting them all around my body and back so that the pain was more bearable and helped me flip sides every so often. Between her and Danny I was well taken care of and very grateful. At 6am I was told that I still wasn't progressing very much so I had to wait until 8am when Dr Shaw came in and suggested that I just start pushing. I had finally dialted to a 9 so they thought it was a good idea. So another nurse that was very cheerleader/ drill sargent esk... came in and counted. Having cheered before and having someone yell at you was actually motivating to hear her tell me Ok we're going to push.... 1, 2, 3,..... 10 now breathe..... During the "breath" part I would just lay back and listen to my relaxing labor tunes, look outside at the beautiful yellow and red fall leaves and blue skies. Then I was back again pushing... for 2 1/2 hrs.. and really there wasn't a ton of progress. So at 10am Dr Shaw gave me the option to push for possibly another 4 hrs or to have a c-section. I went with the c-section that I had wanted since 4am!!
So they took me back for surgery and I had a meltdown. I couldn't stop crying then I was upset when they told Danny to wait outside while they prepped me. Then on top of it all I'm laying on my back, my arms are shaking violently because of hormones or I was cold or the anesthesia.. who knows... but I started to throw up while I was on my back. So they had to use this suction tube to try and get it out of my mouth as I gagged , puked, and puked some more. It was all down my face, neck, hair on the floor.. it was HORRIBLE. I remember telling the anesthesiologist not to let me die and choke on my puke. I was not a happy camper and finally it stopped. They got me some hot towels for my shaking arms but it never helped and the whole time I was in surgery I shook violently... it wasn't fun. Then I heard them say Ok we're ready to start... well Danny wasn't there so I yelled out for them to get my husband. Apparently they had forgotten!! So they went to find Danny and as soon as he was by my side they started. I felt a bit of pressure, pushing, pulling then I heard my little girl cry!! I looked over just as they showed her to me as they took her to get cleaned up. I told Danny to go with them and at the back of the room they took care of my little bug... Born October 8th, 2011 weighing 7 lbs 4 oz at 10:44 am 19 inches long ...our perfect little girl. She was so alert and beautiful. Once they had cleaned her up they brought her over to me and I got to kiss her soft little cheek. I'll never forget that moment...
From there the rest of the day was a blur. I tried to get a little sleep, Danny was smitten by his little girl. They moved us into a recovery room where we stayed the rest of the time and I tried to breast feed and ended up just holding my baby, skin to skin. I love you Ronni Jane!

No comments:
Post a Comment