Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Today we had a full fun day.  It was finally nice outside so I was more than ready to get out of the house and go out!!  We went with my friend Abby and your friend Cohen to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.  It was fun to see all the animals and we got free tickets to go see the butterfly exhibit.  We had some time to kill before going into the butterflies so we went and looked at the National Geographic pictures of animals and you were having fun jumping in your stroller like a frog, waddling like a penguin, growling like a bear, and tweeting like a bird... it was pretty funny!!  You also kept your eye on where Cohen was.  On our way to the butterflies Cohen decided he wanted to push your stroller so he was pushing in back and you were squealing with the delight as you soared down the hallway.  It was pretty hilarious and darn adorable!!  Anyway... Ronni bug, you LOVE butterflies so I was sure that the exhibit would be a highlight for you.   It was more than that.... I think it made your day, week, maybe lifetime!! You were so excited to go in and see butterflies flying all around you that you started clapping and saying Yea Yea!!  You would point to the butterflies and get excited when they would glide past you.  It was pretty adorable and fun to take you in there.   Cohen was a little nervous with the mist sprayers that would randomly come on but you weren't phased since you were so into the butterflies.  It was hard to leave since you were having so much fun but I was at my limit with holding you.  Maybe we'll make it a every Tuesday event.  You were so happy and excited!!  We went and looked at other animals but you and Cohen were pretty tired so we had some lunch and came home for naps.   It was pretty cute to see you and Cohen in the backseat together.  You were happy and smiling at him and would randomly hold hands.  A couple of cuties!!  Hopefully his example will help you to start walking :)  I may regret saying that but I think it's good for you to get off the ground and start walkin baby!!   After we came home you took an amazing 3 hour nap!! Yippee!!  Then we went to visit our friend Krysta who just had a new baby and went for a quick walk around the neighborhood.  You loved seeing the crows flying around and the random dog being taken for a walk.  I love how animated and excited you get over the little things.  You're such a cute little bug.  Then when Dada came home tonight you couldn't get enough of him.  We ate dinner as a family but you were pretty determined to not eat and just fling food everywhere while you screamed to drink out of our glasses.   Maybe with time meal time will get better, I HOPE!!  Anyway after dinner Dada had some fun time with you in the bath and we all played and read stories in the living room.  You even was daring and walked clear across the whole room!! Hooray!! I made a song to get you excited about walking it goes like this.... Walkin Ronni, DO DO... Walkin Ronni DO Do.... While I clap and cheer :)  Seems to help!!   Well Dada is now rocking you to sleep ... spoiled kid... you are resisting going to bed and it's frustrating but I'm sure with time all will smooth over.

Night Night
xoxo
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment