My sweet Bubbas, Ronni Jane, chickta banana, little bean, sweetie...etc... It's been a little while since I've had time to sit and reflect and write to you. I wish that I had written sooner but I can't give up and go to be too exhausted to write now because yesterday you took your first steps!! My little baby took her first steps. Hard for me to imagine. You are such a sweet and happy little person and I am really enjoying getting to know your personality a little more every day. You and I are actually a lot a like... and we are both a little stubborn. Haha! Anyway back to yesterday.... Your Dad is on a somewhat crazy schedule with the hospital since he is on his ER rotation. He happened to be home with us and was in the shower when you first started walking! I was sitting at the couch and had picked you up and then set you down in between my legs..I led you out a bit by my fingers which I often do and usually when I let go you fall to the ground and crawl, but to my astonishment... you just started hobbling forward! You took like 6-10 steps (I'm not sure) as I cheered you on!! You fell when you stopped to clap and look at me. Such a cutie!! I ran to tell your Dad and for the next couple of hours we practiced getting you to walk. You will only take about 2-3 steps now but I know you can do it. You were so proud of yourself and I was proud of you!! I love that you get a huge smile on your face and I can tell that you are proud and excited when you acomplish something new :) I am just loving your age right now. Almost 15 months old! You should be walking by now but I haven't pushed you. You are a very smart little girl already. You are picking up words that we say and even fold your arms now when I say "It's time to say prayers" It's the most adorable thing!! You started doing it on your own at Papa BB's house after watching us pray many times over the food. You even say AMENNN. It's hard to believe how smart you are. Right now you can say: Mama, Dada, more, up, amen, duck, shoe, boot, Baba, and nononooo (while shaking your finger at me). You also make the animal noises for: cow, elephant, cat, dog, bear, fish, butterfly, penguine, monkey, owl and sheep. You make motion like flying for an airplane and say cho choo for a train and are starting to say varooom for a car. I love that you really do try to communicate with me. It's very fun!! Along with your new found smartness... you are also starting to throw tantrums and bite things. Mostly the couch or a blankie. You also are having a hard time going to sleep right now. For the past 3 nights you will almost be asleep then sit up and have to get down and play with toys. If I try and stop you it's histerics for at least 30 min. I'm not sure why you are protesting going to bed. I even have you help me put the toys away at night. I'm sure it has to do with your adjusting to a new place. We are now in DC again and in a new condo. Grandma & Grandpa, Papa BB & Nanny Jo aren't around and I'm sure you miss them. I know I do!! Also we had Dada home for a week straight and now he is gone. Right now he is working 2-11... I hope you know how much he adores and loves you to pieces. He would do anything for you and really just loves to be around you. Lately he has been getting up wtih you at night to help me out and I often find both of you asleep on the couch or in the rocking chair at 4am. You love your Dada. He gets you all excited for bath time and even does "diaper face" when changing your bum bum. I don't think it's possible for a baby to be more loved than you are Ronni Jane. I hope you will read this some day and know how happy and proud we are to be your parents. You are an amazing and special daughter of God. I'm so blessed to be your mom. You really will become someone great when you grow up. But for now I'm keeping you little!! Everywhere we go everyone says how adorable and cute you are. I catch random strangers getting excited when you give them a wave hello or blow them a kiss. It's crazy the amount of people that you attact and that just have to come say hi and tell me how absolutely adorable you are. I think so too!! I tell them that you are a very good baby and always happy and that I'm a lucky mom. It's true you are a very happy baby. I try to get at least one good laugh session out of you a day. It's fun for me to think of new ways to get that belly laugh out of you. Well my dear it's late and I'm tired... I just had to reflect on the day and how excited I am for you to start walking!! I know you can do it.. you will walk all over the house holding just my finger so I think you just need to be brave and keep trying on your own. Tonight as I rocked you to sleep I would sing to you and then stop and you would pull out your bottle and say "more, more" so I would sing another song... you melt my heart you cute little bean!
Night Night
xoxoxo
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment